Entrusted with the Gospel: Paul’s Theology in the Pastoral Epistles, ed. Andreas Köstenberger and Terry Wilder, is set to be published April 2010. I previously mentioned this book as in progress. I am honored to be a contributor to this volume and excited about its potential.
The book aims to provide an overview of recent scholarship on the Pastorals and give an overall view of the message of these letters.
The contributors and chapter titles are as follows:
- Köstenberger- “Hermeneutical and Exegetical Challenges in Interpreting the Pastoral Epistles”
- Wilder- “Pseudonymity, the New Testament, and the Pastoral Epistles”
- Alan Tomlinson- “The Purpose and Stewardship Theme within the Pastoral Epistles”
- Ray Van Neste- “Cohesion and Structure in the Pastoral Epistles”
- Greg Couser- “The Sovereign Savior of 1 and 2 Timothy and Titus”
- Daniel Akin- “The Mystery of Godliness Is Great: Christology in the Pastoral Epistles”
- George Wieland- “The Function of Salvation in the Letters to Timothy and Titus”
- Benjamin L. Merkle- “Ecclesiology in the Pastoral Epistles”
- Paul Wolfe- “The Sagacious Use of Scripture”
- Thor Madsen- “The Ethics of the Pastoral Epistles”
- Chiao Ek Ho- “Mission in the Pastoral Epistles”
- Howard Marshall- “The Pastoral Epistles in Recent Study”
You can see further information at the publisher’s site (http://bhpublishinggroup.com/academic/books.asp?p=9780805448412).